- Make things from scratch – soap bars, body scrubs, peanut butter, granola bars or buy local from small businesses in your city!
- Give up personal care products that come in plastic containers and bottles – use soap bars, shampoo bars or shikakai powder, shaving soap bar, lip balms and lotions (that come in glass or metal containers)
- Use a safety razor instead of plastic disposable razors or waxing in parlors with single use waxing strips that land up in the landfills
- Make your own toothpaste and use a compostable toothbrush (miswak, neem sticks or bamboo tooth brush)
- Use plastic free feminine hygiene products (menstrual cups or cloth pads)
- Use wooden combs instead of plastic ones.
- Say no to ear buds (According to WHO, you shouldn’t be putting anything smaller than the size of your elbow inside your ear)
Zero Waste Personal Care Illustration by Noorain Ahmed